About Me

My photo
Karen Vance Hammond is a native of Shreveport, Louisiana. She graduated from the University of the Ozarks in Arkansas with a double major in psychology and sociology. With a storm brewing outside, Karen knew she was socked in for the day. She opened her laptop and started writing. Six weeks later, her first novel, Shoe Marks was born. Addicted to the craft, she couldn’t put down her pen. The Monastery Murders along with the sequel, Identity followed which will be released through SynergEbooks. Currently, she is writing her fourth and fifth novels, The Cross Roads trilogy, and Surfside Erosion. Not only does Karen enjoy writing, she was a soprano for the Shreveport Opera for some time. She has had the pleasure of performing for Bill Clinton and Sam Walton. When not writing, she enjoys spending time with her family and her dog, Freckles. Karen her husband and daughter live in Houston, Texas. You may reach her at klvh65@hotmail.com, Face Book or her website.

Karen

Karen

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Writing and the Holidays

Most of you know, I have been on several radio interviews. These have been so much fun talking about Shoe Marks. What a blessing it has been to have these hosts come forward and contact me asking if they could interveiw. How neat is that? My first interview, I was so nervous, I could barely get my words out. The second and third interviews were better and by my sixth, I was sailing through the questions with no problems. I found this trick works for me. As long as I don't look at the computer and see my face via skype, I a fine. I just protend I'm on the phone with a good friend! And several of the hosts have become good friends of mine. What a blessing that has been.

I am gearing up for The Monastery Murders and the sequel Identity. I am working fast and furious on The Cross Roads which will be a trilogy.The Monastery Murders have already gone out for reviews. I am so thankful for that. If you would like to be a reveiwer please do not hestitate to contact me. I also believe I have found a top notch editor.

Okay, that's a wrap folks. Please let me know you have read my blog. It encourages me to keep on with it!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment